Author Topic: approach runway lights  (Read 6279 times)

Offline Starski

approach runway lights
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »
Hello,

Firstly I have to say that I'm very happy buyer of new Budapest scenery, which is really amazing - I was waiting for it so hard that probably I was one of the first buyers :)

Yesterday I had the flight (using VATSIM network) to LHBP and according to the existing METAR (AS2012) had the arrival to RWY 31R, which is the main runway to land from the east. It was at night (about 21:50 UTC). There was dark, rainy and cloudy, so I expected to see the approach runway lights, but they were not appear. My colleague who was landing about 30 minutes after me didn't see the approach runway lights too at RWY 31R, but he claims that two days before during the foggy approach he saw them but at RWY 13L.

Can you let me know whether they should appear automatically according to the weather conditions or should be activated in some other way? The visible approach runway lights seems to be one of basic element of the approach to the runway for me.

Again thanks for this awesome scenery - as most of us I hope that GSX will be compatible with your scenery very soon :) 

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Re: approach runway lights
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:04:48 AM »
Hi

Thanks for your feedback.

Strange issues. Normally the lights should turn on during dawn, night, dusk and anytime when the visibility is less than 5 km's. Maybe there is a conflict with VATSIM weather system. It maybe would be good to have a log on that. On the weekend we will release a new patch for the scenery, it will contain an option to make a log what happens with the projection.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline Starski

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:37:59 AM »
Ok, so I download the new patch as soon as it will be available and then eventually will make a log if the problem takes place again.

I will also check whether I need to de-activate the VATSIM weather in SquawkBox, because it seems to not be necessary in case of the use of AS2012.

Offline Fabo.sk

• Designer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 11:08:01 AM »
Hello,

Ok, so I download the new patch as soon as it will be available and then eventually will make a log if the problem takes place again.

Hopefully this will help us isolate the issue.
We take the weather information directly from FSX, so what we see internally, should correspond very well with what you see, in aircraft. We have had some problems with weather during testing, but these were fixed. Maybe there is something more to fix, though.

I will also check whether I need to de-activate the VATSIM weather in SquawkBox, because it seems to not be necessary in case of the use of AS2012.

This is a good idea in either case, especially if you don't have your Active Sky set up to download the weather from Vatsim servers.

Offline Starski

Re: approach runway lights / GSX
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 07:51:44 AM »
Two days ago I had the approach to the RWY 31R in the dusk and the approach lights were visible.

In fact I changed nothing - still use of Active Sky 2012, flight in Vatsim and no weather controlled by Squawkbox. So I will be paying more attention to it and if the problem still occurs I will let you know with the base of flight logs (I understand that according to the new patch it's possible now).

BTW: How the things look like with GSX? Do you see any progress because it's very troublesome to the people who have their HUB in Budapest and GSX is the basic tool for pushback and taxi? If they use GSX anywhere and the flight destination is LHBP, most objects in Budapest are not visible too and thus this great application is useless.

Offline Fabo.sk

• Designer
Re: approach runway lights / GSX
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 12:03:31 PM »
I am glad that the approach lights returned. Let us posted if you can recreate the issue, possibly with weather conditions (in case of real weather precise time of arrival - we will try to recreate historical weather. Saving a weather snapshot might also be a good idea, if you can do that), and also any additional software that you use, i.e. GSX, UltimateTraffic and similar.

BTW: How the things look like with GSX? Do you see any progress because it's very troublesome to the people who have their HUB in Budapest and GSX is the basic tool for pushback and taxi? If they use GSX anywhere and the flight destination is LHBP, most objects in Budapest are not visible too and thus this great application is useless.

We are working on the issue with FSDT, however at this time it is not possible to tell when this issue will be resolved.

Although as far as I understand, the objects should not be removed if you fly to Budapest from elsewhere - the removal should basically only happen when the gate in Budapest is activated.