Author Topic: ERROR 309  (Read 9624 times)

Offline aniiran

ERROR 309
« on: October 21, 2013, 08:59:53 AM »
At the end of my install (which I always use Admin rights for), I am getting error 309. I'm taken to a webpage not in English that is warning me of activation failure.

I read through the FAQ on the forums but that was fruitless. I saw error 315 and various others  I see the thread activation failed by Aumken.  I have error 309, I have no LSH menu in FSX, no LHS objects file in my FSX/Modules. As for the scenery itself I see jetways and ground textures, but no buildings. 

Where do I start?  It looks like every case is different or we have to send files back and fourth or something. Registry files and other gobelygook I really hate getting into.   

I'm pretty irritated.  It seems like I spend more time on product support forums for FSX products than I actually do enjoying FSX.

Offline aniiran

Re: ERROR 309
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:35:45 AM »
I tried to make the error report for you to analyze, but when I look in C drive all i have is a simconnect log I don't have the default.papaPhi_log_ in the C drive. Can this still be troubleshot?

Even more irritated.

Offline Fabo.sk

• Designer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »
Hello,

Error 309 is an activator error, in that case there will be no logging or no menu options.

I am sure Sandor will take a look at your problem and see how to fix it.

Offline Fabo.sk

• Designer
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 09:46:13 AM »
Also, what I found from a previous reference:

Error 309 means the installer can not find the registry entry. Please make sure that you run the installer as administrator. Basically in windows the User Account settings , User Account Control setting should be never.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:51:33 AM »
Hi

Sorry for the trouble.

Are you using 32 bit system?

Error itself means the activator program can not find the registry entry which tells where the scenery was installed. It is looking at here:

\Software\Wow6432Node\LHSimulations\LHBP     Key : InstDirect

Could you please check if this entry exist or not?

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline aniiran

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 22:20:22 PM »
It's a 64 bit Vista System but I have FSX in the x86 program files directory.

I found

\Software\Wow6432Node\LHSimulations\LHBP     Key : InstDirect

The value is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

is this the problem should it be modified to complete the path?

I also see my reg key and the date and the default value says (value not set).

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 22:34:43 PM »
Could you please download this?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3PRo0hefj60Q1ZQRGlBcVVkZHc/edit?usp=sharing

extract the files to your [FSX root]\Addon scenery\LHS_LHBP_X\

overwrite the existing files. Launch the LHSproductact.exe If nothing happens than it is good.

After that you can launch the LHBP_Activator.exe

Strange problem indeed. Somehow the program can not read your regedit.

Offline aniiran

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 23:00:19 PM »
I replaced those 2 files as per instruction.

I still get an ERROR 309 as soon as I double click on LHSproductact.exe, Even if I right click>run as admin I still instantly get a ERROR 309.

I'm not getting this. Even with FSDTs crazy activation procedure I'm still able to install scenery.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 23:04:59 PM by aniiran »

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 08:27:08 AM »
Extremely strange.

I will send you an email to shortcut this whole story.

We have one experience where the entry was existing in the registry but still the program could not read it. Maybe it was in a wrong format or I do not know. What we found out that it could be repaired with this program: http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18872/fsx-tweakfs-registry-utility-v121/

I have one more question: The LHBPsceneryActivator.exe throws any error to you?

Maybe could you send me a screenshot about your regedit windows where this root can be seen?

Thanks a lot and really sorry for the trouble.

Offline aniiran

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 05:24:23 AM »
I'm not really sure what I was supposed to do with the FSTweaks registry tweaker.  the path for HKEY LOCAL MACHINE / Setuppath and H KEY CURRENT USER /AppPath  show the correct path.

I re set the proper paths anyway

What I did find was that if I went to REGEDIT.exe and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.... the only folder after that is Windows,  there is no Microsoft Games folder.

I don't have a file called  LHBPsceneryActivator.exe I'm assuming you are asking about LHBP_Activator.exe, the one where it has a green progress bar and then says DONE!  Then... Yes, it pops up an error message that my mesh res is set to high.  It says it need to be set to 5m for a tunnel to work.  But that's all it says.

Another thing I notice is there is no LHBP object placer file in FSX\Modules.

If this requires a re-install of FSX I will just forget this whole ordeal and move on, I promise no bad reviews or asking for my money back. 

I have screen shots but no way to post them.... I have to host them myself apparently.

regfor lhbp

current user

local machine

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:37:51 AM by aniiran »

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 10:56:11 AM »
That is very strange. The LHSproductact and the LHBP_activator should access the registry in the same way. If the LHSproductact is not working it is not a big catastrophe. Please check my mail I'll send you soon.

Offline aniiran

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 17:40:44 PM »
Everything works as it should now, This is a very nice scenery; it's amazing how good scenery is getting these days.  You guys raised the bar again.  The scenery lives up to the expectations I had after watching the product video and as a bonus is priced $6-13 dollars less than other large airports done by competitors. Well done.  Thanks for the one-on-one customer support.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 18:52:55 PM »
I'm glad it is working. In the next version we will make it more stable.

Thanks a lot for your help!