Author Topic: Prepar3D v4 - 64 bit architecture  (Read 98461 times)

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Prepar3D v4 - 64 bit architecture
« on: May 24, 2017, 09:14:29 AM »
Dear Captains!

You may have learnt that yesterday Lockheed Martin announced a major update of Prepar3D called v4. The major difference to the previous version will be that it will support the 64 bit architecture opening new dimensions in the quality and capability of the simulator. See here: http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/05/114164/
Our current LHBP scenery is created in 32 bit environment therefore it is not compatible with the - future - v4. The other sceneries compatibility is unknown.
We do know that many of you are well informed about this and soon or later (most probably sooner) you would knock at our door asking when it would be available. For this reason we issue our statement, preventing some unnecessary flames  ;) . To answer the question:

Yes we do intend to release LHBP for P3Dv4.

BUT:
Currently the v4 is not released yet. We purchase it as soon as it is available.
We do not know what other changes will be incorporated in v4, the SDK will be available later.
We do not know what structural changes will be done (place of installation, registry entries, dll.xml, simconnect.xml etc.) which may result that we also need a major change in the installer and in the activator. We do hope LM keeps the same structure as in the previous versions.
We do not know what happens with those objects which are not controlled with the dll like photoground and things like that.
To make our life even more difficult in the recent months we started to completely rebuild our dll to be able to handle multiple airports in one dll basically we did not want to release Rijeka and the later sceneries with a separate dll's. This is to avoid some hassle with the dll activation in a very few cases.

Therefore:
Considering all the uncertain points and risks it would be unwise from us to announce any schedule for the release of the 64 bit dll.
We will keep you posted in this forum about our progress.

We thank you for your patient.

Happy landings!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:54:48 AM by tsGucci »

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline Raphael_Chacon

• Valued Customer
  • SM#1596678
Re: Prepar3D v4 - 64 bit architecture
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 03:28:31 AM »
Great!  8)

Looking forward for the update....  Thanks for supporting the FS community

SM#1596678

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 23:05:17 PM »
Some update regarding the issue:

We purchased the P3D and looked its structure. For some reason the registry entries which were working before cannot be read but we found an alternative. The installer itself has been modified it is working fine. The configurator (which edits the scenery.cfg and the dll.xml and such) has been also modified and working also fine.
However we do have some trouble with the product activator. It finds p3d4 now but cannot place the dll into the Modules folder. It must do something with authorizations in Win10 for 64bit program files folder.
The DLL conversion is still due.

Offline Raphael_Chacon

• Valued Customer
  • SM#1596678
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 06:09:21 AM »
Well, V4 has got lot of new fuatures, and i see their structure protects a lot what htey call the "V4 Core" folder.    I see that sceneries and even aircrafts are encourage to be installe outside the sim, but after several reinstalls i had to perform, well, i see the benefits.

Good luck with the update, keep the good work on going -  ;)

SM#1596678

Offline karank

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:20:52 AM »
Glad to know that you guys are actively looking into it and that LHBP will be available for v4 in the future. I hope you can also take a look at some of the new features (dynamic lights, for example) and incorporate those new techniques into your products.

Good luck and please keep us in the loop as often as possible.

Offline Raphael_Chacon

• Valued Customer
  • SM#1596678
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 07:23:04 AM »
Have you had any update about the scenery for V4...? ::)

SM#1596678

Offline karank

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 06:06:26 AM »
The DLL conversion is still due.

Any progress with this? Eagerly waiting to have LHBP in v4. Thank you

Offline Raphael_Chacon

• Valued Customer
  • SM#1596678
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 02:12:39 AM »
Flying IVAO TOURs, about to arrive to Budapest...  Any update so far?

SM#1596678

Offline Raphael_Chacon

• Valued Customer
  • SM#1596678
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 07:21:19 AM »
Arriving  Budapest 8)

Annnnnnndddddd:    :-X

SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[
SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[ SAD!!!!!!!!  :-[

hahaha, looking forward for that update...

SM#1596678

Offline MagyarMatt

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 17:00:46 PM »
I can't bring myself to use default Budapest in P3Dv4. Hope this gets updated soon. Meanwhile I'm off to LHBP for real this week end!

Offline karank

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 09:29:11 AM »
It is getting increasingly difficult to check on LHBP compatibility with P3Dv4. Now, with the Aerosoft/DA CRJ out, Budapest would make for some great pairings from Munich using the Lufthansa regional paints. Really wish we could get some sort of update on where this scenery stands with regards to v4.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 13:35:29 PM »
Dear all,

Thank you for your patience. Here is a beta version for P3D v4. You can download the installer with Build 11 which supports the P3D v4 installation (you can choose it in the options).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3PRo0hefj60d25MT1hpZjZ5QmM/view?usp=sharing

But! The installer so far copies the old 32 bit dll into the Modules folder.  You have to copy the dll from this post's attachment. There is two dll you can try both.
1. You copy the _ucs2 or _utf8 dll into the Modules folder
2. Delete or rename the LHBP_objectPlacer.dll (if any) like LHBP_objectplacer.bak
3. Rename the _ucs2 or utf8 dll as LHBP_objectPlacer.dll (capitals and characters must much exactly!)
4. P3D starts select Yes when asked if you trust in the dll.

Please let us know your feedback!

THanks

Offline LBW737

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »
I installed the airport, also copied and renamed the dll in the module folder but the buildings do not appear. The problem comes with activation. When I try to activate it says: "303 - Can not download the file"

Offline chasordod

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 10:51:42 AM »
Thanks for sharing this beta version of LHBP for P3Dv4.

I, too, have installed into P3Dv4 and tried both renamed versions of the object placer dll file. I have the same problem as in the post above. I get ground detail, autogen and traffic, but no objects displayed. I also get the same error message at activation.

It appears that scenery and texture files are correctly installed, scenery.cfg has been correctly updated and the exe.dll has an appropriate entry to run LHBP_objectPlacer.dll from the simulators module folder.

I would add that at this time I have both P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4 installed on my system. My Simmarket purchase of LHBP is still running perfectly on P3Dv3.4. This is also v3 of LHBP, but an earlier build, of course.

Is there anything else I can try?

Offline kityatyi

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 22:23:26 PM »
Exactly the same experience then what the above posts describe. Installation went smooth but at the end the I also received the 303 Error code. I had no LHBP_objectPlacer.dll in my Modules folder so I went ahead and copied over one of the two attached modules, renamed to LHBP_objectPlacer.dll and tested - no buildings. Then I tried the other module too, same result, no buildings.