Author Topic: Prepar3D v4 - 64 bit architecture  (Read 99512 times)

Offline slait

• Valued Customer
Re: Prepar3D v4 - 64 bit architecture
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2017, 09:08:00 AM »
I have a feeling this is related to the file encoding issue I mentioned above. I suspect when you install another scenery it modified the scenery.cfg file and reverts the encoding reintroducing the problem to LHBP. I'll test the theory in the morning.

Offline kityatyi

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »
So basically if I once again re-install the scenery, shall it work again?

EDIT: Nope. I ran the installer again, copy-pasted the newest LHBP_objectPlacer_ucs2.dll file into the Modules folder overwriting the existing one (just to be on the safe side) and then loaded up the sim. No buildings only jetways.

I am wondering though. If it did work yesterday, but installing a new scenery messed it up, then why it does not work after another reinstall?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:38:29 AM by kityatyi »

Offline Lokifan25

« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »
Hi!

I also get code ban :(

Please reactive (Or.n. LS1002)

Thanks

Offline chasordod

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2017, 10:50:33 AM »
Slait's theory might explain my not seeing buildings, despite what looked like a flawless installation.

After installing, I checked LHBP dll.xml entry, scenery folder, registry entries and object placer, and replaced the last of these, all before starting the simulator. I checked scenery library,which was also correct, after starting the simulator.

However, I have quite a few scenery packages, some of which use Lockheed Martin's "outside the simulator" method. A bug in P3D means this method can upset scenery ordering and generate a warning on closing the scenery library. Clicking "yes" on this has seemed to leave everything functioning up till now. But it will have rewritten scenery.cfg. If the theory is right, LHBP will have been disabled before I even looked at it.

I will look at posting logs, as requested.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:55:07 AM by chasordod »

Offline Ifikratis

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2017, 12:53:20 PM »
So basically if I once again re-install the scenery, shall it work again?

EDIT: Nope. I ran the installer again, copy-pasted the newest LHBP_objectPlacer_ucs2.dll file into the Modules folder overwriting the existing one (just to be on the safe side) and then loaded up the sim. No buildings only jetways.

I am wondering though. If it did work yesterday, but installing a new scenery messed it up, then why it does not work after another reinstall?

I have  the same experience. Clean Windows install, Clean P3D v4.1,build 12 + the new .dll and still no buildings... Could the developer give us some directions, would be very much appreciated.

Offline kityatyi

« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2017, 13:03:40 PM »
I was supposed to fly my British Airways A320 back to Heathrow from Budapest this morning but due to the disappearing buildings I had to cancel the flight. It was fully booked, now 180 passengers demand compensation - I shall redirect them to complain to LHSimulations.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we we would like to inform passengers travelling to London Heathrow on British Airways flight BA865 that this flight has now been cancelled due to a sudden disappearance of the complete airport infrastructure at Budapest. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Offline CYRUS

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2017, 13:48:16 PM »
So after a bit of luck and satisfaction, and today, after the PC is turned on, LHBP does not work again. Unlike the posts above, I did not install anything, add nothing, just turn on the PC today and I'm back without buildings. When I summarize: the effort for many days to fly one LKPR-LHBP-LKPR and again without buildings, again problems ....

Offline chasordod

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2017, 16:00:28 PM »
As requested, activatorlog attached - I've edited out scenery entries between P3Dv4 default and the LHBP entry. It's a long list, and all are working as they should.

LHBP still refuses to display buildings.

Looking at the log, to my untutored eye, all that should have been found has been, and there is no sign of anything missing, unless it should have proceeded further after finding the correct LHBP scenery entry. Here's hoping you can spot something.

If you need a simconnect log, too, let me know.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 16:02:43 PM by chasordod »

Offline Kai-Uwe Weiß

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2017, 18:09:24 PM »
Build 13 doesn't work too :(.

Kai

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2017, 19:40:19 PM »
For whom that it is not working. Please send us the logs I'm more interested in the simconnect and dll logs located at:

C:\LHS_logs

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline kityatyi

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2017, 21:07:13 PM »
I cannot find any folder called LHS_logs on my C:\ :-(

Offline slait

• Valued Customer
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2017, 21:18:37 PM »
Ok, for me my previous theory around file encoding is confirmed on my system. For testing purposes I enabled logging for simconnect and the dll, then loaded the scenery as it was last night when it worked fine. This morning, still works fine. Then I loaded up the scenery.cfg file in this path: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 in notepad ++ and noted that it is in UTF-8 encoding.

Knowing that P3Dv4 likes UCS-2 LE BOM encoding, and any changes in the sim rewrites in this format, I changed the scenery.cfg file to this encoding type. No other changes. As you can see, this was the encoding type before LHBP installed itself:

Note the size difference between encoding types for the same file content:

I loaded up the sim and sure enough, no buildings. I exited the sim, changed the encoding back to UTF-8 and saved the file, no other changes. Loaded the sim and all buildings were back, loaded normally.

Im attatching the log files for all three scenarios, working, broken, then fixed again for your reference. In particular you will note that in the scenario where it is broken the error in the LHBP_Log file it says "Scenery not active in P3D v4 scenery.cfg". Seems to be related to the dll's inability to ready and write in UCS-2 LE BOM encoding.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 21:21:11 PM by slait »

Offline MagyarMatt

« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2017, 21:26:19 PM »
It would me sense that scenery changes are causing it to dissapear again. I've been playing round with my Orbx light which caused P3D to re compile some files when I loaded it up. Seems more than a coincidence that since doing that my LHBP buildings suddenly vanish again!

Offline almostatys

« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2017, 23:42:58 PM »
Okay LHBP is working perfectly here in P3Dv4.1, except season configurator. I have only winter and summer textures.

Offline kityatyi

« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2017, 01:20:38 AM »
Okay LHBP is working perfectly here in P3Dv4.1, except season configurator. I have only winter and summer textures.

I noticed the same, I had summer textures in late October!