Author Topic: DLL not being created  (Read 5678 times)

Offline BoeingNut

• Valued Customer
DLL not being created
« on: July 22, 2018, 22:21:20 PM »
Good evening!

I had to setup my P3DV4.3 new - twice now - because I had a glitch, which is now fixed. While installing and testing the scenery I found, that all the buildings were missing. The manual referred me to this forum and asked that I open a new topic here. Done.

Now what can I do, to get the .dll module for the LHBP scenery.

Cheers,

Pete

EDIT: I had no error message, the LHSproductact.exe is being run as administrator, so was the configurator. I am using P3D V4.3 AND the scenery worked beforehand.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 22:25:24 PM by BoeingNut »

Offline BoeingNut

• Valued Customer
Re: DLL not being created
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 14:51:38 PM »
Excuse me if I do sound a bit impatient, but how long could it take to answer the question above. I would understand if this were just a simple forum but it is the "go-to-place" named in the manual. So please consider answering my question. I can't use the scenery and I don't have an error message, so there's nothing I can do right now but to rely on anyone responsible to answer.

Regards,

Peter

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 09:50:47 AM »
Hi Peter,

Sorry for late answer, it is holiday season.
Please try to run the LHSproductact.exe with administrator rights in [FS]\Addon scenery\LHS_LHBP_X folder

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline BoeingNut

• Valued Customer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 00:55:22 AM »
Hi there and thank you for your reply... yes of course it is holiday-season. I am sorry, I honestly did not think about that...

As for your solution: I did that. No error Message, just confirmation, that the product has been activated. However, there's no File in the Module folder and also no entry in the P3D menu in the Sim (where it used to be). There's no antivirus thwarting my efforts - I made sure of that. There's also no entry in the ADD-ONS Manager. I started the sim afterwards and it didn't ask me if I'd like to allow the respective dll to be activated AND I loaded LHBP, which was there but without the buildings and such (looks kind of funny how all the AI would lineup neatly before these gaping holes in the ground) - speaking of which: could there be an issue with AI traffic maybe using a .bgl that's hindering you scenery to function properly?

Is there anything else I could try? Also I am trying to understand what causes this glitch. The scenery used to work well beforehand. The lack of an error message seems to indicate, that maybe there's an activation limit reached. I can - of course - provide a proof of purchase should you so require.

Regards,

Peter

Offline Swift

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 08:36:11 AM »
I uploaded the missing file.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 08:47:37 AM »
Please copy it to your Modules folder. Let us know the result.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline BoeingNut

• Valued Customer
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 21:27:07 PM »
Hi there!

That did the job! Thank you very much for the file indeed. It's weird that the respective installer wouldn't produce the file on its own. But the problem is solved now.

Many thanks and have a great weekend!

Peter