Author Topic: ntdll.dll error  (Read 8959 times)

Offline dubliner

• Valued Customer
ntdll.dll error
« on: March 17, 2014, 19:27:45 PM »
Since installing LHBP in FSX, most of the time when trying to start FSX, it crashes to desktop before reaching the main screen. The error is reported as caused by ntdll.dll. Please help!

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Re: ntdll.dll error
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 19:37:45 PM »
Hi

Strange, we do not install any ntdll.dll.

If you remove the LHBP_objectPlacer.dll from your Modules problem is the problem disappear?

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline dubliner

• Valued Customer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 19:52:31 PM »
Hi

Strange, we do not install any ntdll.dll.

If you remove the LHBP_objectPlacer.dll from your Modules problem is the problem disappear?

Well according to other forums, the ntdll.dll error seems to be a very common problem, apparently caused by FSX overloading the system.

However, I have followed the advice of another poster in this forum who had a DLL error and fixed it by updating/reinstalling the Microsoft C++ packages. So far, I have had no crashes. I'll report back if it occurs again.

Offline dubliner

• Valued Customer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 06:02:10 AM »
Well now I have a new problem of no buildings.

Must have happened when I moved the objectplacer.dll out of the Modules folder for testing. I have since put it back in there.

I checked the dll.xml, which is correct. The objectplacer.dll is listed first. But no buildings. And no listing in the Addons menu.

Please help!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:04:49 AM by dubliner »

Offline dubliner

• Valued Customer
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 06:17:05 AM »
OK I reinstalled LHBP, now I have the original ntdll.dll error again.

It happens most of the time I try to start FSX.

Disabling LHBP in scenery.cfg fixes the problem.

EDIT: After more testing I have determined that if I launch FSX, and then immediately switch to another program so that the splash screen disappears behind it, and FSX starts up in the background, then it will start successfully. What on earth?!?! Why the heck would LHSim LHBP require FSX to be launched in the background???
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 07:56:31 AM by dubliner »

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 08:46:33 AM »
Why the heck would LHSim LHBP require FSX to be launched in the background???

That is not the case. Your problem is really specific, I have never seen this problem from any other.

To catch the problem we should make some logs. Please follow the second video "Simconnect problem" here:
http://lhsimulations.com/forum/index.php?topic=436.0

Send us the 3 files to info@lhsimulations.com and we will check.

It is important that you recover the original status when LHBP_obejctPlacer.dll is still in place and active.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline dubliner

• Valued Customer
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 16:09:07 PM »
Well, I spent two hours yesterday investigating this, and since I now have a work-around, I don't think I'm gonna sink any more time into this issue. I'll just leave LHBP inactive in scenery.cfg until I want to fly there, then activate and start FSX in the background. Thanks anyway.

Offline dubliner

• Valued Customer
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 17:23:29 PM »
Update: I tried one more thing, on a hunch, after realizing that the crash usually happens right after EZDok is launched to the taskbar during FSX startup. I went into the exe.xml file and disabled the EZdok auto-launch, and FSX starts up normally, with LHBP active.

So it appears to be an issue with EZdok and LHBP at FSX startup.

EDIT: May have found a solution. If I move the lhbpobjectplacer dll to last place in dll.xml, then FSX is able to start normally, as active screen, with EZdok also. And the scenery looks normal.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 17:42:13 PM by dubliner »

Offline Fabo.sk

• Designer
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 22:47:46 PM »
Seems like EZDok is interfering with initialization process of the dll, perhaps by still trying to connect to the simulator itself. Did you manage to create those logs? We might be able to see what exactly happens.

Offline dubliner

• Valued Customer
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 05:38:44 AM »
It's probably something like that, but once I found the work-around I gave up investigating.

Offline khushi

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 09:29:31 AM »
I have also faced the dll files is showing an error kind of issues then i searched how to fix ntdll.dll issue and i found the best option to download fisrt this file and then solve the error what is occurring.