Author Topic: Error on FSX start  (Read 6291 times)

Offline liderpz

• Valued Customer
Error on FSX start
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:10:37 PM »
Hi,
After some strange error in my windows 8 boot disk, it seems that Windows lost my user config. Well, these things happen, so, I tried to fix everything ans come back to my last config, and, finally, when I got, I started FSX and get the error you can see in attached image.
I tried to deleted dll from modules and generate it again via LHSProductAct.exe but no way.
If I check Si (for Yes), I got an FSX error. If not, I am not able to use LHBP scenery.
This is the only error I got from FSX. The rest of things seems to be working ok.
Thanks in advance.
Regards ;-)

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Re: Error on FSX start
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 14:28:36 PM »
This is a bug in FSX if you are using Windows XP with a relatively old PC. It occours very-very rarely but sometimes it comes up, we know about 3 users who had(have) this problem. The thing is that FSX wants to verify the validity of the dll we are using to project the buildings, but before the validation could be finished it drops the process due to time limit exceed.
This could happen with every modern scenery which is using DLL like FlyTampa, FSDT, Orbx etc.
Unfortunately there is no real solution for it besides trying and trying. Shut off every other program and keep clicking on yes, FSX will restart every time, but once maybe it can finish the validation in time, after that it will never ask it again (except the scenery is re-installed, than it might come up again).
If you are familiar with the dll.xml, try to erase every other dll entry except the LHBP_objectPlacer.dll lines. It could give a little bit more time for the process.

You may try to update your Simconnect module (if has not been yet)

SP1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByD3shUNinyfSXdnS2VpT1ZNU0E/view?usp=sharing
SP2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByD3shUNinyfN3pIdTVSYmNaX3c/view?usp=sharing

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline PatrickZ

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 21:21:38 PM »
I got the same problem on Windows 7 and a relatively new PC (i7-2600 @3,4 GHz, 8 GB, Win 7 64-bits), so it's not strictly a bug in Windows XP on old computers. It can happen anywhere.

https://lhsimulations.com/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg15647#msg15647

But I got a question. All other LHSimulations sceneries do not come with an objectplacer DLL file and they work perfectly on my system. Why was Budapest built in a different way? Why does Budapest not use the same object placing technology that Debrecen and Sarmellek use for example? There is no LHDC_objectPlacer.dll and Debrecen has objects. There is a LHBP_objectplacer.dll and Budapest has no objects.

Right now I uninstalled LHSimulations Budapest because there was no way to get it running. I'm using the old Aerosoft Mega Airport Budapest instead. Less quality, but at least it works. Also Aerosoft Mega Airport Budapest does not come with a DLL file.

I got several other DLL files installed that all work flawless. FSUIPC, VistaMare, Sode, ORBX ObjectFlow, FSDreamTeam Couatl, etc. Budapest ObjectPlacer is the only one that causes trouble.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 14:01:55 PM »
I'm sorry for that, we really could not figure out yet what is exactly causing the problem.

We are using the dll method because it gives us much more option in scenery design especially in conditional object placement.

Have you tried to update the simconnect SP? links above

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline PatrickZ

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 10:50:51 AM »
I have. It doesn't make any difference.

Offline liderpz

• Valued Customer
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 20:44:53 PM »
I'm using Windows 8.1 on a Intel i7 PC, not the last one, but... It worked perfectly until I have got some undefined problem on my boot disk. I said undefined, because I really don't know which is the reason, but it looks like some kind of physical problem.
It began a repair by itself, and then I was able to start FSX. But this issue appeared...
Thanks ;-)

Offline liderpz

• Valued Customer
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »
Groping in the dark...
Maybe this issue has something to do with a graphic card change (NVidia to ATI)? Finally, I found that it was the point I was not able to launch FSX from, without that error.
I'm not much confident about finding a solution, but, let me tell you the whole story, just in case it helps.

1. Sometimes my computer did not start.
2. I detected some boot disk problems (or I thought so).
3. I tried to enter Windows safe mode.
4. Some time ago I changed my graphics card to a GTX 560. I read that my computer does not support windows safe mode, unless it has the original graphics card plugged. I change it.
5. Finally, Windows started in safe mode. But it remained busy for a long time before it started, just like if it was doing some windows update (no more information on screen).
6. Disk checked, found errors, everything resolved. Back to my GTX graphics card, and to Windows normal mode.
7. Windows started with no delay (I guess that NVidia drivers were present, and there was no need to re-install it).
8. Error arised when starting FSX for the first time, after all this mess. Previously I enjoyed LHBP scenery a lot.
9. Meanwhile I found out that the problem was caused by my pc power supply unit. Now, changed.

At present time, FSX is not able now to start, maybe those p.s.u. failures have corrupted some configuration files. Trying to reinstall. But as I have told you in another topic, my registration code is now banned, maybe due to many reactivation tries. Now waiting for a solution.

Offline PatrickZ

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 19:52:34 PM »
I just uninstalled everything that had even the tiniest thing to do with FSX, including FSX itself. Then took a sweep through the hard drive and registry to remove everything that remained behind, so I had a clean system. It was as if FSX had never been on it.

Then installed FSX, SP1 and SP2. Nothing else, just clean FSX. Then installed LHSimulations Budapest and guess what? The same error is still there!

So we have to draw the conclusion that it's caused by something outside FSX. I'm thinking it could be a driver issue. My graphics card is a GeForce GTX 960, running on Nvidia drivers version 372.90.