Author Topic: Flight Simulator install on Windows 10 (FSX, FS9, Prepar3D)  (Read 10293 times)

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Hi!

Few days ago I had to do a complete clean windows 10 install (after formating my C: drive) and I encountered into problems when I was installing the simulators. Almost at all of them there were a glitch. I thought I share with you the solutions, that you don't have to have so  much headache like me.

FS2004 / FS9 CD
Problem: The installation runs from the 4 CD without problem. After the installation cannot start the simulator though. Regardless you click on the shortcut the simulator won't start, does not respond. Maybe you receive  some error message to start it as administrator but it won't help. The problem is that the simulator wants to verify if the correct CD is inserted into the drive but this function is disabled in windows 10.
Solution: First make sure your FS is upgraded to FS9.1. You can download the patch from here:
www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9727
If that is done, you have to download the FS9.1 No CD patch and exchange your fs9.exe:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15244/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-v91-no-cd-patch/

Microsoft Flight Simulator X - CD
Problem: When the installer starts it won't respond to the More Option button e.g. to change the installing folder.
Solution: Insert the CD into the drive, if the installer launches automatically close it. Open the "own computer / this computer" right click on the CD drive and select "Install Flight Simulator X". This way it works, why? No clue.

Dovetail Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition
No problem occoured.

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D - v1.4
No problem occoured.

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D - v2.5
No problem occoured.

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D - v3.3
Problem: The installation is interrupted after a while saying unknown problem. Some minutes later the windows defender disables the setup.exe because it recognizes it as troyan virus. This is an unfortunate problem and shame on LM.
Solution: Add the folder where you have the installer files to the exceptions in defender. Open the control panel, search for defender, defender settings, scroll down to exceptions.

If you have any other experience you are free to share here.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary