Author Topic: scenery.cfg corrupted after LHBP installation  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Mr. ATC

scenery.cfg corrupted after LHBP installation
« on: April 02, 2014, 18:46:00 PM »
Hello LH Simulations team

I just installed the current version 1.3 of Budapest airport and found some minor bugs in the installation process.

First of all, it was hard to find the deinstallation routine from the previous installation 1.2. There were neither entries in the software list nor in the start menu. I had to find the uninstall file by myself. After processing trough the deinstallation routine, two files remained in the LHBP scenery folder of FSX. In P3D, the scenery folder was successfully deleted. Also the uninstall exe was not deleted at the end neither in FSX nor in P3D.

Then, there is a more tricky bug. It seems when you modify the scenery.cfg, you didn't consider some people in the world use special characters such as "ä","ö","ü". Admittedly, even if that's not a nice way to name folders, it should be considered by developpers of new addons. The problem was that letters as named before were changed into some crazy letters. Therefore, FSX didn't found the folders anymore and displayed an error. Also some scenery names (the internals ones displayed in the scenery database) were affected. I can image that there should be used a utf encoding during rewriting the scenery.cfg file to replace all used characters correctly. So far, I had no similar problems with any other scenery.

Thanks for fixing! I'm at your disposal if you need any further explanations.

Kind regards
Jonas
Jonas Kuster Leader Administration - vACC Switzerland | www.vacc.ch

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Re: scenery.cfg corrupted after LHBP installation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 20:32:32 PM »
Grüezi Jonas

Thanks for your feedback. Some others reported the same. We will solve this issue as soon as we can.

The installer/uninstaller before any change makes a backup of the scenery.cfg it can be found in %programdata%\Microsoft\FSX\ the name format is: scenery_beforeLHSimulations_LHBP_[Date]_[Time].cfg

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline Mr. ATC

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 20:37:38 PM »
I'm aware of the backup, which is made. But it won't help if I use it for replacement, I will then have to add LHBP scenery manually, right?

No problem for me, I corrected the paths just after I realized what happened. It would just be lovely to not have to do it again.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 20:39:22 PM by Mr. ATC »
Jonas Kuster Leader Administration - vACC Switzerland | www.vacc.ch

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 22:50:31 PM »
I wrote if somebody has the same problem and founds this thread.

We will solve the problem in the next build.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary