LHSimulations > English

Prepar3D v4 - 64 bit architecture

(1/39) > >>

tsGucci:
Dear Captains!

You may have learnt that yesterday Lockheed Martin announced a major update of Prepar3D called v4. The major difference to the previous version will be that it will support the 64 bit architecture opening new dimensions in the quality and capability of the simulator. See here: http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/05/114164/
Our current LHBP scenery is created in 32 bit environment therefore it is not compatible with the - future - v4. The other sceneries compatibility is unknown.
We do know that many of you are well informed about this and soon or later (most probably sooner) you would knock at our door asking when it would be available. For this reason we issue our statement, preventing some unnecessary flames  ;) . To answer the question:

Yes we do intend to release LHBP for P3Dv4.

BUT:
Currently the v4 is not released yet. We purchase it as soon as it is available.
We do not know what other changes will be incorporated in v4, the SDK will be available later.
We do not know what structural changes will be done (place of installation, registry entries, dll.xml, simconnect.xml etc.) which may result that we also need a major change in the installer and in the activator. We do hope LM keeps the same structure as in the previous versions.
We do not know what happens with those objects which are not controlled with the dll like photoground and things like that.
To make our life even more difficult in the recent months we started to completely rebuild our dll to be able to handle multiple airports in one dll basically we did not want to release Rijeka and the later sceneries with a separate dll's. This is to avoid some hassle with the dll activation in a very few cases.

Therefore:
Considering all the uncertain points and risks it would be unwise from us to announce any schedule for the release of the 64 bit dll.
We will keep you posted in this forum about our progress.

We thank you for your patient.

Happy landings!

Raphael_Chacon:
Great!  8)

Looking forward for the update....  Thanks for supporting the FS community

tsGucci:
Some update regarding the issue:

We purchased the P3D and looked its structure. For some reason the registry entries which were working before cannot be read but we found an alternative. The installer itself has been modified it is working fine. The configurator (which edits the scenery.cfg and the dll.xml and such) has been also modified and working also fine.
However we do have some trouble with the product activator. It finds p3d4 now but cannot place the dll into the Modules folder. It must do something with authorizations in Win10 for 64bit program files folder.
The DLL conversion is still due.

Raphael_Chacon:
Well, V4 has got lot of new fuatures, and i see their structure protects a lot what htey call the "V4 Core" folder.    I see that sceneries and even aircrafts are encourage to be installe outside the sim, but after several reinstalls i had to perform, well, i see the benefits.

Good luck with the update, keep the good work on going -  ;)

karank:
Glad to know that you guys are actively looking into it and that LHBP will be available for v4 in the future. I hope you can also take a look at some of the new features (dynamic lights, for example) and incorporate those new techniques into your products.

Good luck and please keep us in the loop as often as possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version