Author Topic: Problem when using GSX  (Read 21644 times)

Offline mleuck

Problem when using GSX
« on: September 11, 2013, 14:53:09 PM »
I love this scenery! Great work. I have one issue. when I use GSX with the scenery, all the buildings disappear. Not sure what the issue may be/

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Offline Fabo.sk

• Designer
Re: Problem when using GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 17:37:46 PM »
Hello,

this is a known problem and I believe mentioned in FAQs.

Stay assured though, we are working with FSDT on making it work.

Offline Der Flieger

• Valued Customer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 20:15:47 PM »
Hello,

do you have any news about the GSX update? I'm waiting with my LHBP purchase until it perfectly works with GSX, so maybe you already have an estimate when the problem is going to be fixed? :)

Köszönöm,
Sebastian

Offline Fabo.sk

• Designer
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 20:27:48 PM »
Hello,

no estimate yet - sorry. We will let you know though.

Offline Der Flieger

• Valued Customer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 20:34:57 PM »
Ok, thank you! :)

Offline Starski

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 09:41:45 AM »
It's not physically checked / confirmed by my FSX, but my colleague from VA has just informed that after the GSX update from yesterday the problem with GSX and LH Sim Budapest scenery is finally solved!

However, I have a nother question concerning GSX - is there any chance at all that at least one jetway will be moveable with the use of GSX? Somewhere I found the information that it will be with the use of AES, but for example in our VA (for which LHBP is a HUB) GSX is being used only.

Offline Starski

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 20:29:48 PM »
I made a little mistake - I'm not asking whether GSX will be able to move the jetway (as it's not possible), but I would like to know whether it's possible that at least one jetway will be moveable by the FSX standard procedure "ctrl + J". Sorry for the confusion.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 20:43:23 PM »
Thanks! I understood your question. Sorry for late reply, the recent days were crazy.

The problem with standard jetway that it has a lot of bug and extremely difficult to do it. I was planning to do one test but finally we did not have time for it. Maybe later.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline Starski

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 19:58:46 PM »
Unfortunately there are still some problems with GSX and your scenery.

After the last updated of GSX I noticed that when I ordered the "catering service", GSX was activated and the baggage loaders came to my airplane, but after a while there appeared an error and the information about created couatl.err. It turned out that the problem takes place at the stand 273 at your scenery. I checked some other nearby stand such as 270,271, 274,275, 279 and it seems that there is no problem. Furthermore I noticed that the problem at the stand 273 starts when the catering vehicle has to come to the airplane. Of course I wasn't able to check each stand, but reported this one to FSDT - below your may find their response:

"I'll check the AFCAD, they sent me the whole scenery to evaluate."

And the second one: "I've checked the parking 273, and sure enough, that parking has a bug, see the screenshot, the parking spot is not connected to the taxiway. I've found other problems like overlapping nodes too, GSX has some code to defend itself by such issues, but unconnected nodes are more tricky to fix automatically, it's something that must be done by the scenery developer."

Besides I've noticed that after departure when I try to activate GSX I have the message: "there are no parkings available at this airport". You may find the respective screenshots at the following location: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9184.0

Can you investigate both cases and contact with FSDT?

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 20:05:19 PM by Starski »

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 20:48:51 PM »
Thanks a lot! In the next update an afcad correction will come anyway. Than we include this as well.

Nice catch! Thank you!

Offline Der Flieger

• Valued Customer
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 19:58:57 PM »
Besides the AFCAD problem does the scenery now work with GSX? Are the buildings now showing up? :)

Offline Starski

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 22:00:53 PM »
As far as I see, currently there is no problem with GSX at this scenery, when you want to use it before departure, which means that the buildings don't dissapear after the activation of GSX :)

Only at the stand 273 I found the problem with GSX, but as it's mentioned the problem with AFCAD should be solved. Also during last flight I had a problem with activation of GSX after arrival, which means that for example I wasn't able to order "follow me" (no parkings / stands visible for GSX).

Offline Der Flieger

• Valued Customer
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 11:29:08 AM »
Ok thanks, I'm gonna buy LHBP today!

Offline marvic

• Valued Customer
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 20:44:52 PM »
Ok thanks, I'm gonna buy LHBP today!
Not sure who has GSX working in LHBP, but the problem still exists for me. The buildings go away anytime I command GSX.
Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 8gig ram, GTX560TI, WD 2t, FSX Accel, REX E+, FTX Global, Shade, UTX, GSX, Accu-feel, EZ Dok, Track IR5, Saitek Pro

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 20:54:14 PM »
PLease update GSX.