Author Topic: Some problems with LHBP  (Read 25173 times)

Offline topdax

Some problems with LHBP
« on: March 17, 2014, 21:57:13 PM »
Hi,

I've just bought your LHBP-scenery via simmarket for my FS9 and it looks really good, but after I've installed the scenery I have 2 problems:

1.  After I've installed the scenery and started my FS9 some messages appeared, that some other sceneries couldn't be loaded. I recognized, that all theese sceneries have some "german text-signs, for example "ä ö ü" in their names or directory. Theese signs are now shown as strange symbols. I fear, that your installer overwrote some important files in my FS9 directory. How can I fix this problem?

2. In LHBP I have the problem, that some electricity pylons appear on the airfield, I guess it is Autogen, which may be generated by an other 3rd party scenery. Are there any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

With kind regards
Felix

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Re: Some problems with LHBP
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 08:40:23 AM »
Hi!

The installer makes a backup of your scenery.cfg. The old file is called : scenery_before_LHSimulations_LHBP_20140317_15:25.cfg (or something like that). If you rename that file back to scenery.cfg (after disabling the current one) than everything will be fine, you just have to add manually the LHS_LHBP_9 into your scenery library.

If this is done and the pylons does not disappear let me know.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline topdax

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 17:59:15 PM »
Thanks for your response. Nr. 1 could been fixed by replacing the scenery.cfg as you said. But the other problems with the pylons still exists. Could it be a conflict bewtween your scenery and UT Europe (FS9)?

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 21:03:23 PM »
Thanks for your response. Nr. 1 could been fixed by replacing the scenery.cfg as you said. But the other problems with the pylons still exists. Could it be a conflict bewtween your scenery and UT Europe (FS9)?

THe pylons are most probably coming from a vector scenery.

Could you please post a screenshot?

Offline topdax

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 22:47:41 PM »
Yes of course, here it is:

I've just deactivated UT Europe, but there wasn't any difference after restarting fs9.

Offline topdax

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 20:59:36 PM »
I've just found out, that the problem with the pylons is caused by the "Eure" Scenery folder, which is part of the main-scenery of the FS2004. When the folder is deactivated, the scenery works fine, but then the other airports in East Europe are missing. Are there any problems known, which can cause the problem or is there any other way to fix the problem, because I want to use your beautiful scenery one day.

Thanks.

Offline topdax

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 21:29:57 PM »
Is there nothing I can do? I've just spent 12 Euros for the scenery and I can't use it. Now I've also some trees at the end of the runway 31R. When I start my flight at the runway position, I stand in trees.

I forgot to deinstal an old LHBP freeware. Since I've uninstalled the freeware, the mentioned trees appear. I also reinstalled your scenery, but it makes no difference and now there are some trees and also some pylons. Have someone of you any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 22:58:22 PM »
PLease give us a few days to check where is the problem. Basically the pylons should be excluded.

Offline topdax

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 12:10:21 PM »
Hi,

I've just seen, that the default airport doesn't appear in my FS2004. So it seems, there are are few problems in my FS9. Now I will reinstall my FS9 and I'll give you feedback soon. I think it couldn't be an error in your scenery, because you are LHsim is a quality scenery designer. I've also installed LHDC and some other airports and I never had one problem with then. So please don't spend to much time with this topic here, i am going to reinstall my FS now and then I will give some new information, if it works or not (but personally I think, it will works fine)

Offline topdax

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 14:31:08 PM »
And it doesn't work! The pylons still exist at the airport, but not on the same position as before! I've deleted my FS9 fully for no result. I think the problem is you scenery and not my FS9. The pylons appear on taxiway "P3". Can you check the problem? Additonally I've 2 other points to add regarding to your installer:

1. Please add an option to set the path to FS9 manually, because I'd like to prefer to install my sceneries in an other directory and copy them manually in my FS9-folder, because an installer could overwrite existing files and this could cause some problems.

2. The next point is, that it would be nice, if you change your scenery-library-add-function. The atcual Version changes many "german symbols" in mysterios ones. The result is, that  some sceneries can't be found after restarting FS9. Or better: Make it optional to add the scenery manually.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
You are right. We have not realised that the default pylons are crossing the airport because either we used our landmark pack (which corrects the electric line path) or we used Aerosoft city which excludes everything.

To solve the problem fast you can download our freeware Hungary Landmarks Pack:

http://lhsimulations.com/hungary-landmarks-pack/

Basically a new landmarks pack version will be available in a few days but nothnig serious will be changed (season chaning days will be corrected and automatic installer will be included).

Offline vamtu

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 23:25:53 PM »
Hello LHSim-Team!

You've made great airports (LHBP and LHPP) but I've got also some problems with LHBP and I haven't found any solution and/or forum entry regarding my issues.

- At night: The shine of the floodlights appear quite late (200-300m prior to the mast)
- At daytime: Buildings popping up at about the same distance from my present position
- If i arrive at Budapest, some kind of white "boxes" - or little things, don't know exactly what this is - hovering overhead of the terminal.
If i get closer (or just time passes by - don't know which value is necessary for this effect), they disappear.
- Reworked shadows for night lighting would be great. It seems that there are still shadows from the day-scenery visible in the darkness.

- You're already working on the winter ground texture issue, which is great ;)

I hope i explained it good enough to understand  ;)

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 21:21:44 PM »
Hi!

That is strange. Could you please post a screenshot expecially white boxes? Are we talking about FS9 of FSX?

Offline vamtu

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 23:19:36 PM »
Hi!

I'll post a screenshot the next days if i'm able to reproduce it.

I run FSX SP2 on Windows7 64bit.

Greetings!

Offline vamtu

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 21:34:51 PM »
I was able to figure out what these white things are: These are the top lights of the Terminal building.

As the terminal building was not yet displayed, the lights were already visible. Therefore the lights looked like floating things.
So i am sure if i get the building display issue solved, the problem mentioned above also disappears.

Is it proposed that the buildings appear that late?
For example: If i taxi on B2 to the ramp the terminal is visible not before reaching T.

Greetings!