Author Topic: Budapest stutters  (Read 18719 times)

Offline curbz

Budapest stutters
« on: June 29, 2014, 00:18:46 AM »
Hi... love the Budapest scenery - some of the best ground textures I've seen. However, I experience large stutters/freezing in and around the scenery. I hadn't been able to determine the cause until the other day when I set the freeway traffic to 0%. All the stuttering/freezing vanished and everything was completely smooth. Setting the freeway traffic back to my usual setting of 16% reintroduced the problem. I was able to reproduce the problem in both FSX and P3D v2. Please can you investigate the problem as I really enjoy your scenery but like to have freeway traffic too. Many thanks.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Re: Budapest stutters
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 18:38:18 PM »
The road traffic is entirely fsx default traffic. We don't / can't influence anything just the route where fsx generates the traffic. Basically we draw some lines (vectors).

You must have the same issue with the traffic at other airports too.

Please check this topic:

http://lhsimulations.com/forum/index.php?topic=503.0
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 18:40:53 PM by tsGucci »

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline curbz

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 09:51:01 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I have read the topic you mention and will try some things out as I do have both ftx global and vector installed so perhaps the problem lies there.

I have noticed that if I switch to locked spot view at the holding point for runway 31R and pan quickly around the aircraft that the frames freeze momentarily at two places . I will check the exact degrees but one issue is when the camera is facing approx 130 degrees in the direction of the large intersection/flyovrer for the E71

I have 20+ other airport sceneries but do not experience the problem anywhere else.

Thanks for your help.

Offline curbz

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 00:39:45 AM »
I have done some further investigation and there definitely appears to be a conflict between the scenery and FTX Vector.

In this first video with both the scenery and FTX Vector enabled you can see some vehicles moving across fields and not travelling on the roads. There are also some erroneous bridges. You will also see the freezing/stuttering I am experiencing at about 8 seconds into the video and the frame rate drops from 30 to 12 momentarily:

http://youtu.be/gXcN5OxFhr0

In the second video I have disabled FTX Vector in the scenery.cfg - the vehicles are correctly travelling along the roads, there are no erroneous bridges and the there is no stuttering - it's all very smooth just as it should be:

http://youtu.be/j2GxCT0cQ5o

I hope there is a way to resolve this as I really want  to enjoy this fantastic scenery. many thanks.

Offline curbz

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 12:59:16 PM »
Hi.. just following up on this issue. Are you able to confirm there is a compatibility problem with FTX Vector thar needs to be resolved? Please let me know if I can be of any help to provide more information, testing etc.

Thank you.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 17:00:34 PM »
I can't confirm. We do not have FTX but assuming that you are the second one who reports very similar issue I can guess something could be.

Is there a FPS drop in this area as well when the LHSimulations scenery is switched off?

Offline curbz

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 18:18:22 PM »
There is no drop in fps or stuttering when the LHBP scenery is disabled - there is only an issue when BOTH the scenery AND FTX Vector are enabled:

FSX Default = smooth
LHBP Scenery enabled = smooth
FTX Vector enabled, LHBP Scenery disabled = smooth
FTX Vector enabled, LHBP enabled = stutters and momentary drops in FPS (resolved by disabling freeway traffic)

I looked over at the FTX forum and there are a couple of topics that highlight exactly the same problem:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/76633-global-vector-causes-fps-drops-at-lhs-lhbp/?hl=lhbp
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70583-budapest-highway-interchange/?hl=lhbp

Thanks for looking into this, much appreciated

Offline curbz

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 20:20:34 PM »
Hi... any update on this issue? please let me know if I can test or try anything to help diagnose the problem etc - I'm more than happy to help,
thanks

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 23:21:11 PM »
Holiday time :) I'll try to look at it in the coming days.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 22:00:58 PM »
One question. Is your FTX below the LHS_LHBP_X item in the scenery library.

Offline streichholz

• Valued Customer
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 21:02:03 PM »
I too have the stutters. The solution obviously is - like you said - turn off the road traffic. In combination with FTX Vector it is unflyable with the 737NGX PMDG. Turn of the road traffic and the stutters are past. This is the first and only airport with this problem (no offence, because I know the fsx has its own life).

A fix for the problem is highly appreciated because the airport fits perfectly in ftx global  + vector + openLC.

You have really done a outstanding work. Never heard of LHSimulations before. A picture of a member from another forum brought me to you.

Offline curbz

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 22:54:54 PM »
One question. Is your FTX below the LHS_LHBP_X item in the scenery library.

Hope you had a good holiday :) Yes, FTX Vector is below LHS_LHBP_X

Offline LBW737

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 14:44:11 PM »
Have the same problems with Vector and LHBP, but I found the culprit is the airport and not vector.
The airport and the photoreal imagery it seems is not aligned properly with the vector roads and there where the stutters come from. If I disable vector road traffic the stutters disappear.

But the worse thing is that I can never get a proper VOR/APP loc and the plane always land next to the runway. Maybe because the airport is not properly placed at  it's real world location (latitude/longitude).

I hope you'll check and fix that please. Otherwise, great scenery.

Offline streichholz

• Valued Customer
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 20:35:10 PM »
Disable LHBP in Vector should solve the LOC/APP problem.

for the stutters it helps to set the road traffic to 0.

Offline LBW737

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 21:15:47 PM »
I disabled lhbp in vector in the first place. Yet I still have issues with app/vor loc