Author Topic: No Static Aircraft with LHPR and LHBY in P3D v2.4  (Read 6504 times)

Offline Captain Martin

No Static Aircraft with LHPR and LHBY in P3D v2.4
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
There are no static aircraft in LHPR and LHBY in P3D v2.4
Please Help

Offline Bugdani

Re: No Static Aircraft with LHPR and LHBY in P3D v2.4
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 10:36:24 AM »
Hello,

The same here, and no more static plane at LHPP.

Searching a solution! Maybe in the.cfg !

Dani.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 14:27:23 PM »
It seems Prepar3D does not like the old FS2004 tweaked objects. We will have a look.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline Bugdani

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 19:09:27 PM »
Thanks!

Even the red and white concrete blocks are not there...  ::)

Dani.

Offline Captain Martin

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 02:42:43 AM »

Thanks, Also all the freeware which you guys make also have similar problems.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 18:39:45 PM »
I've doublechecked the P3D issue. The problem is that some object in the scenery was compiled with FS2004 SDK. Because in FS2004 we had the possibility to assign some condition to the object. In FSX/P3D SDK it is not possible. So if an FSX or P3D developer wanted to have an object with condition like time of year, time of day etc. than he used FS2004 SDK for that particular object as P3D and FSX was/is backward compatible it was no problem to place it. This is what we did at LHPR and by other sceneries (except LHBP). If we wanted to have winter texture on the object (static aircraft) or show the object only in summer (gliders) than we used that.
At P3D 1.4 and the initial version of P3D there was no issue. But somewhen LM kicked out the backward compatibility. This hurts all developers.
Two solution is possible: Use only FSX/P3D SDK but than loose the ability for seasonal texturing, conditional animation etc.
Or use the dll technique what we used at LHBP. To insert a whole scenery to a dll powered scenery is a tedious work. At LHPR we might do it after Rijeka as we owe you anyway with an update (longer runway, new apron was built, +ILS and other stuff). But at the freeware products it is a big question mark.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline Captain Martin

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 12:09:16 PM »
I've doublechecked the P3D issue. The problem is that some object in the scenery was compiled with FS2004 SDK. Because in FS2004 we had the possibility to assign some condition to the object. In FSX/P3D SDK it is not possible. So if an FSX or P3D developer wanted to have an object with condition like time of year, time of day etc. than he used FS2004 SDK for that particular object as P3D and FSX was/is backward compatible it was no problem to place it. This is what we did at LHPR and by other sceneries (except LHBP). If we wanted to have winter texture on the object (static aircraft) or show the object only in summer (gliders) than we used that.
At P3D 1.4 and the initial version of P3D there was no issue. But somewhen LM kicked out the backward compatibility. This hurts all developers.
Two solution is possible: Use only FSX/P3D SDK but than loose the ability for seasonal texturing, conditional animation etc.
Or use the dll technique what we used at LHBP. To insert a whole scenery to a dll powered scenery is a tedious work. At LHPR we might do it after Rijeka as we owe you anyway with an update (longer runway, new apron was built, +ILS and other stuff). But at the freeware products it is a big question mark.

Ok thanks for the reply. I guess that means there will be no static aircraft until Rijeka is released.  :-\

Offline Bugdani

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 09:35:11 AM »
At LHPR we might do it after Rijeka as we owe you anyway with an update (longer runway, new apron was built, +ILS and other stuff). But at the freeware products it is a big question mark.

Thanks for the answer !!!

I love to fly in your country. I 've discovered Hungary from LHPP and i'ts my favourite.
Then I have purchased LHPR and look for LHBP.
For now, I have only to fly in FSX, but hoping upgrades from P3D2......to enjoy.

You make a great job and I love it!

Happy new year!

Dani.