Author Topic: Couple of minor issues with LHBP in P3Dv3  (Read 4739 times)

Offline garrettprs

• Valued Customer
Couple of minor issues with LHBP in P3Dv3
« on: December 01, 2015, 04:08:29 AM »
Hi guys. Bought LHBP at SimMarket during the sale and wow, what a great deal. Even at full price!

I caught myself up on the process LHS took to get LHBP into P3Dv3 and I also confirmed that SimMarket sold me the latest version (1.3) and it seems to be working great. Two things though, that I noticed, and I'm pretty sure one isn't related P3D and could be:

1) is a simple vector issue with the roadway (Highway 4) and where it intersects with M0. I do use ORBX vector so I haven't checked whether the roadways line up like this without Vector. But without LHBP, the roadways look fine so it's definitely a conflict with the road vectors LHS included...

2) involves some stuttering around the airport. This could be hard to pin down since it could be a texture, model, object, etc. that hasn't been "optimized" or compiled specifically for P3D or it could be the LHBP_objectPlacer.dll that LHBP uses. I have no idea. All I can say is that my frames are great around the airport and that's it just some intermittent stuttering. It's also present when slewing around and panning around in an exterior view. It also happens in any/every aircraft that I use so we can rule that out as well. It's not bad but definitely noticeable. Suffice to say, I know you all are currently working on a 1.4 update so if, off the top of your head(s), you're already aware of some things that need to be recompiled or optimized, then maybe this is moot.

Thanks guys and great work.

p.s. I submitted a request for the "valued customer" group membership several days ago and it doesn't seem to be showing up...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:10:04 AM by garrettprs »

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Re: Couple of minor issues with LHBP in P3Dv3
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:39:14 AM »
Hello!

THanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it!

The two things are in relation to each other according to our experience. For some reason the default traffic causes shuttering if any global vector scenery is installed. We could not yet determine the reason for it.
The alignment to different vector sceneries is a difficult story. We aligned the highway to the default scenery. If we align it to ORBX than the others will complain about the missalignment, we could offer optional installments though but it requires a hell of resource. We will make up our mind.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline garrettprs

• Valued Customer
Re: Couple of minor issues with LHBP in P3Dv3
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 15:43:57 PM »
Hi. Thanks so much for getting back to me. I would have never thought those two issues were related!

I've worked with AFCADS a good bit and have done some excludes (to get rid of undesired vector) and then have drawn vector to replace it and it was fairly easy but I guess if things were that simple LHS would have just done that. My knowledge of scenery design is somewhat limited.

Regardless, great job. I can't believe I didn't know about LHS's work on LHBP until late 2015. Talk about being late to the show!