Author Topic: LHBP stuttering issue in P3Dv2.5  (Read 5390 times)

Offline WebMaximus

LHBP stuttering issue in P3Dv2.5
« on: December 06, 2015, 17:01:11 PM »
Recently did my first flight into this airport and first of all I would like to say the scenery is really beautiful, great work guys!!

One issue though I would like to ask about is I experienced some stuttering every now and then where P3D almost freezed (or so it felt anyway) for a split second and then all was running fine again until it happened next time and so on and I estimate I experienced this stuttering maybe 3-5 times during a minute meaning every 10-20 second or so.

I have not had this issue with any other airport scenery and I have a fairly powerful rig (6700K @ 4.6 GHz and a 980 Ti) so I was a bit surprised by this. Wasn't really that bad since the stuttering when they appeared only lasted for a split second but still a bit annoying and especially when I was on the ILS on short final.

Any idea what could cause this kind of behavior in this scenery?

Maybe I should also mention that I'm running Win10 Pro, I have a very well taken care of installation of both Windows 10 and P3Dv2.5 and I'm running P3D at 4K resolution. Let me know if you need any other details that could help you help me.

Edited to add that I'm using PrecipitFX and when I experienced this stuttering issue the weather was rather grey and rainy using ASN as my weather engine so not sure if that maybe could have anything to do with my issue. Haven't seen any issues elsewhere though using the same config as already mentioned. Other "global" products I have installed include FTX Global, openLC and Vector, REX Soft Clouds SP1 and FS Global Ultimate for mesh. I do all my flying online on Vatsim in the PMDG NGX.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 17:09:29 PM by WebMaximus »
Richard Åsberg

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
Re: LHBP stuttering issue in P3Dv2.5
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 17:51:47 PM »
Hello!

Thanks! We are happy that you like our product.

We know about one topic with FTX Global. The default traffic causes the issue. Try to switch it off. We don't know the solution yet though.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 18:22:18 PM »
Thanks for your quick reply!

When you say default traffic, what kind of traffic are we talking about...aviation or land and sea? Also I'm not sure I understand the relation between FTX Global and traffic? Whatever is causing this issue it does seem to be specific for your scenery since I haven't seen this elsewhere as I mentioned earlier.

Doing all my flying online I have aviation traffic set to 0% and for land and sea traffic I have the sliders set to 15%. If this is the traffic you suggest I switch off I rather not because I do like to see some traffic to make things a bit more alive down on the ground.

If you indeed have identified the default traffic as the culprit causing stutter issues with your scenery then I hope you'll try to address this issue within your scenery rather than suggesting people to switch their default traffic off. Or maybe you just suggested this for troubleshooting purposes...?
Richard Åsberg

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 21:09:05 PM »
Yes of course just only for troubleshooting.

I meant the road traffic.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 21:33:39 PM »
OK, cool.

I'll try that on next flight and let you know the next couple of days.
Richard Åsberg

Offline WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 19:38:42 PM »
Sorry for the late response but now I've tested what you suggested and you're right, when I decreased the traffic sliders from 15% -> 0% the stuttering issue went away.

I'm planning to get P3Dv3 in a not very distant future. Do you know if this problem also exists in that version or is it specific to 2.5?
Richard Åsberg