Author Topic: Prepar3D v4 - 64 bit architecture  (Read 99520 times)

Offline Ifikratis

Re: Prepar3D v4 - 64 bit architecture
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2017, 04:09:52 AM »
Slait, you nailed it. I saved the scenery.cfg with UTF-8 encoding, and the buildings are all normal finally. Super, now we only need a permanent fix so it doesn't revert back.

Offline Kai-Uwe Weiß

« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2017, 07:47:43 AM »
Wow, I set the code to UTF8 and now the buildings are there!
But it would be better if the file would be working coding in UTF16 too. Maybe the objectplacer-dll can be modified to recognize it in UTF16?

Kai

Offline kityatyi

« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2017, 10:01:36 AM »
It IS working now! Changing to UTF-8 does the trick.

Slait - you should have a street named after you that is for sure. You solved in a few hours what the developers could not solve in months! Slait for president, Slait for president! :-P

Now the question is, why aren't there proper autumn textures, why are the trees summer green in late October? Something's with the seasons here.

And also, let's now hope for a proper fix for all these and maybe to compensate for all the cancelled flights:

- moving jetways
- general airport update as there is a lot going on in BUD these days, the scenery is quite outdated now

:-)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 10:21:19 AM by kityatyi »

Offline Nyiri

« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2017, 10:09:49 AM »
The build13 is working for me but the LHBP module appears twice in Addons menu.

Offline chasordod

« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2017, 10:54:03 AM »
Thanks from me, too, Slait.

Just recoding scenery.cfg to UTF-8 has me seeing LHBP in P3Dv4.1 for the first time.

Will look forward to fix for scenery to recognise Lockheed Martin's preferred coding for config files.

Offline CYRUS

« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2017, 13:29:13 PM »
So I tried it and I have to give it up to SLAIT. Again everything works as it should. Thanks again and wish many more successes and flights to and from LHBP :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 13:39:09 PM by CYRUS »

Offline slait

• Valued Customer
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2017, 15:29:30 PM »
Glad to be of service.

I personally would like to thank the developer(s) for their commitment to bringing this scenery to life in P3Dv4. It was a hole that I'm glad it's being filled again, so thank you for that.

I would like if they, or someone else with more knowledge of AFCAD files could look at and comment on why my AI does not want to park at Gates 42-45. They park all around the perimeter of the airport, but not at the terminal. Are the parking codes wrong? Are the sizes of the spots wrong? Something seems to be going in there.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2017, 16:40:08 PM »

Delete the ucs2 DLL from the Modules folder.

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary

Offline jodle

« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2017, 16:53:38 PM »
HI!
Where can I download latest version for P3D4? I've bought it from Simmarket.
Best regards

Offline Ifikratis

« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2017, 17:18:28 PM »

Is there a built 13? If so, what's the differences with built12 and where we can get it?

Offline CYRUS

« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2017, 20:16:42 PM »
The initial joy is only half. I'm probably doing something wrong. This encoding changes to me whenever the simulator is turned on again.
Does anyone have advice or idea what about it?

Offline Ifikratis

« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2017, 20:18:49 PM »
The initial joy is only half. I'm probably doing something wrong. This encoding changes to me whenever the simulator is turned on again.
Does anyone have advice or idea what about it?

Same here unfortunately...We need a permanent fix.

Offline Enzo

« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2017, 20:48:15 PM »
Hi to everybody,
I receive Err 303 during activation and Err 505 genuine test not passed starting P3DV4.1 .
The last DLL (the smaller) is loaded into Module menu but I see only the jetways.

I will wait for final fix at this point.

:)

Offline slait

• Valued Customer
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2017, 20:53:21 PM »
I'm sure they are working on it folks. The issue was just reported, let's give them time to work on it.

Offline tsGucci

• Administrator
    • LHSimulations
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2017, 21:00:49 PM »
Ok, for me my previous theory around file encoding is confirmed on my system. For testing purposes I enabled logging for simconnect and the dll, then loaded the scenery as it was last night when it worked fine. This morning, still works fine. Then I loaded up the scenery.cfg file in this path: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 in notepad ++ and noted that it is in UTF-8 encoding.

Knowing that P3Dv4 likes UCS-2 LE BOM encoding, and any changes in the sim rewrites in this format, I changed the scenery.cfg file to this encoding type. No other changes. As you can see, this was the encoding type before LHBP installed itself:

Note the size difference between encoding types for the same file content:

I loaded up the sim and sure enough, no buildings. I exited the sim, changed the encoding back to UTF-8 and saved the file, no other changes. Loaded the sim and all buildings were back, loaded normally.

Im attatching the log files for all three scenarios, working, broken, then fixed again for your reference. In particular you will note that in the scenario where it is broken the error in the LHBP_Log file it says "Scenery not active in P3D v4 scenery.cfg". Seems to be related to the dll's inability to ready and write in UCS-2 LE BOM encoding.

WOW! This is a nice catch! We really appreciate your help! Basicaly you have saved us twice!
Our gratitude will not be missed!

Basically the sceneryConfigurator rewrites the scenery.cfg into ISO-8859-2 format (which is similar to UTF-8) since very long time. But we never imagined that Prepar3D v4 uses a different format.

Code: [Select]
Using sw As New IO.StreamWriter(CFGDataRoot & "scenery.cfg", False, System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("iso-8859-2"))
            For i = 0 To sceneryCFGreader.Length - 1
                sw.WriteLine(sceneryCFGreader(i))
            Next
        End Using

We will modify the DLL asap.

Thanks a lot again!

Lima Hotel Simulations - Flight Simulator scenery design for Hungary